Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Note From the Principal

In the movie "Back to the Future Part II," the main character Marty McFly travels to October 21, 2015, to save his children, who are not yet born.  The media has recently featured several pieces comparing and contrasting what that date looked like in the movie and what we see today.  While watching a news story, I was reminded of my favorite part of the movie.  It is a line from the character Doc Brown.  Doc Brown, played by Christopher Lloyd states, "Your future hasn't been written yet.  No one's has.  Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one."   

Recently, 1,500 top CEO's were asked what is the number one quality they look for in future employees.  Overwhelming,  all the CEO's responded back that it was creativity.  A lot of the CEO's and scholars have said that there are problems today that we have never had to solve before in history and future problems will present the same or greater challenges.   What will untimely be the deciding factor will be people's level of creativity in arriving at solutions.   


I constantly ask what can I do to help my two daughters and the students at Pine Glen make a good future.  In addition, to being appropriate, safe, and kind a fourth component came to me when I thought about Back to the Future 2 and that is creativity.   The other day when my daughter in second grade took apart her Lego version of Elsa's Castle I was excited.  I thought, "She isn't taking it apart, she was creating something new". I can't wait to see what she makes from it.  Let's all work together to promote creativity in our children and like Doc Brown help them make their their future a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment